Alexander Povetkin Boxing Record
Boswell was on a 14-battle win streak since his sole defeat to former 4-time world title challenger Jameel McCline. The battle was originally supplied to former WBC champion Hasim Rahman, who requested for more money than Sauerland Event’s may provide. Povetkin’s group then spoke to the WBA about possible opponents. Most of the ranked fighters were not prepared to travel to battle Povetkin, where as some contenders weren’t available. French heavyweight Jean Marc Mormeck turned down the opportunity to battle Povetkin because he was being lined up to problem then-unified world champion Wladimir Klitschko.
- During the interval between rounds eight and 9 Rudenko once more needed to stop the battle however his nook firmly insisted on persevering with.
- In round 7, Povetkin landed a 3-punch mixture which dropped Charr, flat on his again.
- The fight can be the principle occasion of a packed Russian card that featured a number of world title fights.
- On 21 October, Boswell confirmed that he had signed the deal and a day later, a heavyweight double-header was announced for three December, with the other battle being Robert Helenius vs. Derek Chisora.
- In the eighth spherical, Povetkin connected with a combination that dropped Boswell and eventually counted out.
Chisora and Dimitrenko, who were sat ringside, scored the battle a draw. Arthur Abraham and Tomasz Adamek scored the battle clearly for Huck. The opening round began off slow nonetheless Povetkin started taking over the battle landing body shots and using his straight rights. In round four, Huck started to let his hands go and found his vary, even rocking Povetkin. Huck controlled the championship rounds as Povetkin started to indicate indicators of fatigue.
Deal To Battle Wilder In December ‘Nearly Carried Out’, Says Fury
As Britain’s Dillian Whyte found out in August, the Russian brute has the power to finish a fight at any moment, even when he’s far behind on the scorecards. Alexander Povetkin is among the most harmful one-punch knockout artists in current heavyweight reminiscence. News Corp is a network of main firms within the worlds of diversified media, news, training, and information companies. WBA lets Wladimir Klitschko delay fight against Povetkin. Povetkin dismantles Rahman; keeps heavyweight belt – ESPN. Sky Box Office story of the tape previous to the Anthony Joshua battle.
It was originally for 14 July 2012 at Upton Park in West Ham, London, with David Haye vs. Derek Chisora as the principle occasion. The venue was later modified to Alsterdorfer Sporthalle in Alsterdorf, Hamburg. The fight was rescheduled for 29 September with Kubrat Pulev vs. Alexander Ustinov for the European title as co-characteristic.